On Tuesday, January 24th, the city of Pasadena, Texas was hit by a devastating tornado that caused significant damage and displacement for many residents. The effects of this natural disaster have been felt deeply by the community and we extend our deepest sympathies to all those who have been affected.
Here are several ways you can help tornado victims in Pasadena:
- Donate to a local disaster relief organization: Organizations such as the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army are on the ground in Pasadena providing assistance to those impacted by the tornado. You can make a donation to these organizations by visiting their websites or by calling their donation hotlines.
- Volunteer your time: Many local organizations are in need of volunteers to help with cleanup and recovery efforts. Contact the United Way of Pasadena or the Pasadena Emergency Management Office to find out how you can volunteer in your community.
- Donate goods: Many families in Pasadena have lost everything in the tornado. Organizations such as the Salvation Army are in need of donations of food, clothing, and other household items to support those affected by the disaster.
- Support local businesses: Many local businesses in Pasadena were impacted by the tornado. Supporting these businesses by purchasing goods and services from them can help them to get back on their feet.
Here are some contact information for places to donate for Pasadena Tornado victims:
- American Red Cross: 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669) or visit https://www.redcross.org/donate/disaster-relief
- Salvation Army Houston: 1-800-SAL-ARMY or visit https://salvationarmyhouston.org/
- United Way of Houston: 713-685-2300 or visit https://www.unitedwayhouston.org/
- Houston Food Bank: 713-223-3700 or visit https://www.houstonfoodbank.org/
By coming together and supporting those affected by the tornado, we can help to rebuild our community and support those in need.
* * *