One of the great things about Hispanic Heritage Month is that many organizations take this month to honor Hispanics, Latinos, Latinx who are making a difference in the community. Comcast is honoring the following community volunteers as part of their sixth annual Hispanic Hero Awards (follow the links on their names to learn more about each):
- Frances Castañeda Dyess, President of the Houston East End Chamber of Commerce
- Elia Chino, Founder and Executive Director of Fundación Latino Americana de Acción Social, Inc
- Sonia Corrales, Chief Program Officer of the Houston Area Women’s Center
- James Guzman, Lieutenant in The Salvation Army of Greater Houston
- Ricardo Nazario, Founding Partner with TOS Advisors
- Marisol Salazar, SVP & Manager with BOK Financial
- Juliet Stipeche, Vice President of Sales at EBS Benefit Advisors
- Saul Valentin, Founding Principal at Collaborate LLC
Join us in congratulating the honorees! In addition to the well-deserved recognition, Comcast will donate $1,000 to the nonprofit organization of each honoree’s choice.
Judges for the awards were Juan Alanis, Latino Influencer; Andy Canales, Executive Director, Latinos for Education; Tony Canales, President and General Manager, KTMD – Telemundo Houston; Adrian Garcia, Harris County Commissioner, District 2; KP George, Fort Bend County Judge; Dr. Adriana Tamez, President and CEO, Tejano Center for Community Concerns; Tammi Wallace, Co-Founder and President & CEO, Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce.