I don’t need anyone to tell me that Houston is the best, but it’s always nice to see in print. We’ve been making a lot of “best of” lists lately. Here are just a few more.
Earlier this year we made No. 1 on Forbes’ list of America’s Fastest-Growing Cities. These are the stats Forbes shared, which explain how well the city is doing:
- 2014 Population growth rate: 1.81%
- 2015 (Projected) pop. growth rate: 1.74%
- Job growth rate: 4.5%
- Unemployment: 4.8%
- 2014 Gross Metro Product Growth: 3.52%
- Median pay: $71,900
We’re also the best place to eat … at least according to a recent Travel + Leisure Magazine ranking. Houston ranked No. 1 in three separate food categories: burgers, brunch, and specialty food shops. Of course, I agree with them. But I think maybe more taste testing is required just to make sure.
And last but not least … drum roll … Houston tops the list of places in the U.S. for most new multimillionaires. According to a recent survey (reported here), Houston had the most growth in multimillionaires in the last decade, with a 63% growth rate in this period. Very cool.
Where else is Houston excelling?
* * *
ADDITIONAL READING & SOURCES:
- America’s Fastest-Growing Cities 2015 | Forbes
- Houston named America’s No. 1 city by top national magazine: Oil bust no matter | CultureMap Houston
- Houston named America’s Favorite Food City by national magazine – CultureMap Houston
- America’s Best Cities for Foodies | Travel + Leisure
- Houston ranks No. 1 in America in multi-millionaire population growth – CultureMap Houston
- Image source: Archbob / Pixabay