INFO (word-for-word) FROM NEWS RELEASE
UnitedHealthcare will host educational seminars and cooking demonstrations in Houston to help Hispanic-American seniors and other beneficiaries learn more about Medicare and their health care coverage options.Participants will learn about the basics of Medicare, including the different parts of the program, eligibility requirements and enrollment windows, to help them make confident health care coverage decisions.
Following the seminars, attendees will participate in a cooking demonstration featuring chef Lydia Gonzalez to help them learn how to prepare rice pudding, a traditional Latin dessert, in a healthier way.
The cooking demonstrations and Medicare seminars (one of which will also educate on How to Become a CNA), will be conducted in Spanish to allow Spanish-speaking Medicare beneficiaries to learn in a way that’s most comfortable for them.
The events are open to the public and there is no cost to attend. Houston-area seniors, other Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers are encouraged to come.
WHEN & WHERE:
- August 5, 2014 at Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Dr., Houston, TX 77074, from 10 am to 11:30 am
- August 6, 2014 at Ring Neighborhood Library, 8835 Long Point Rd., Houston, TX 77055, from 11 am to 12:30 pm
- René Ibarra, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement
- Chef Lydia Gonzalez
UnitedHealthcare is dedicated to helping people nationwide live healthier lives by simplifying the health care experience, meeting consumer health and wellness needs, and sustaining trusted relationships with care providers. The company offers the full spectrum of health benefit programs for individuals, employers and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries, and contracts directly with more than 800,000 physicians and care professionals, and 6,000 hospitals and other care facilities nationwide. Globally, UnitedHealthcare serves more than 45 million people in health benefits and is one of the businesses of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), a diversified Fortune 50 health and well-being company.
* * *
- We do our best to ensure all event information is accurate and up-to-date. However, it’s a good idea to visit the website listed or contact the organization or venue to verify event details.
- Image source: Nemo / Pixabay