Safety precautions for holiday gatherings
Are you planning a family get-together this holiday season? The Houston Health Department urges everyone to take steps now to make holiday gatherings as safe as possible. A few precautions to take:
- People not yet fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or currently eligible for a booster need to get their shots as soon as possible. (Did you know that everyone ages 5 and older is eligible for free COVID-19 vaccination and people 16 and older are eligible for a booster shot?)
- Wear a mask covering the nose and mouth in indoor public settings.
- Stay six feet from others who don’t live with them.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or doors for fresh air.
- Wash hands often with soap or use hand sanitizer.
- Get tested for COVID-19 before and after gathering with family and friends.
What are you doing to make this a safe and healthy holiday?
Sandra Fernandez is a professional communicator, tech enthusiast, book lover, and blogger. You can find her main blog at SandraSays.com and more of her writing at HispanicHouston.com.