Mexican food cookbook maven Diana Kennedy visits Houston
Houstonians have a chance to meet Mexican food cookbook maven Diana Kennedy later this week. Kennedy will be making an appearance as a special event hosted at Hugo’s on Thursday, October 24, 2013 from 4-7 p.m. Kennedy has published nine cookbooks on Mexican cuisine. She will be signing copies of the newest edition of “My Mexico: A Culinary Odyssey with More Than 300 Recipes,” previously published in 1998.
Kennedy’s books, via Wikipedia:
- The Cuisines of México, Harper & Row, 1972, revised HarperCollins, New York, 1986
- The Tortilla Book, Harper & Row 1975, revised Harper Collins, New York, 1991
- Recipes from the Regional Cooks of Mexico, Harper & Row 1978, revised as Mexican Regional Cooking, Harper Collins, New York, 1990
- Nothing Fancy (a book of personal recipes) Dial Press 1984, paperback North Point Press 1989, Ten-Speed Press, Berkeley, 1999
- The Art of Mexican Cooking, Bantam Books 1989/ to be re-issued by Clarkson Potter, probably 2008 (to be reissued Spring 2008)
- My Mexico, Clarkson Potter, New York 1998
- The Essential Cuisines of Mexico (a compilation of the first 3 books), ClarksonPotter, New York 2000
- My Mexican Kitchen—Techniques and Ingredients, Clarkson Potter, New York 2003
- Oaxaca al Gusto: An Infinite Gastronomy, University of Texas Press, Austin 2010
Hugo’s is located at 1600 Westheimer Houston, TX 77006.
* * *
Sandra Fernandez is a professional communicator, tech enthusiast, book lover, and blogger. You can find her main blog at SandraSays.com and more of her writing at HispanicHouston.com.