EVENT: Houston FAFSA Day; February 20, 2014
Information provided by the Office of the Mayor:
Houston Mayor Annise Parkers invites Houston area parents and students to participate in “Houston FAFSA Day” events scheduled for February 20, 2014, with additional workshops to continue through March. The citywide events are designed to assist students and parents with the completion of applications for federal and state college financial assistance. Hosted by five area school districts and numerous community organizations, the sessions will focus on the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Texas Application for Student Financial Aid (TASFA).
WHAT: Houston FAFSA Day
WHEN: Thursday, February 20, 2014
WHERE: Various locations
What to bring when you fill out the FAFSA/TASFA (via www.houstonfafsaday.org)
Students* and Parents should each bring:
- FAFSA Pin (www.pin.ed.gov)
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License number
- Most recent federal tax return
- Most recent W-2 or year-end pay stub
- Untaxed income records
- Bank statement(s)
- Permanent Resident Card (if not a U.S. Citizen)
** Students who were born before January 1, 1990 do not need to bring parental information. **
* * *
- We do our best to ensure all event information is accurate and up-to-date. However, it’s a good idea to visit the website listed or contact the organization or venue to verify event details.
Sandra Fernandez is a professional communicator, tech enthusiast, book lover, and blogger. You can find her main blog at SandraSays.com and more of her writing at HispanicHouston.com.