As provided by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation
The Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) announced, this week, the 26th Hispanic Heritage Awards Honorees, who will be celebrated during the prestigious Hispanic Heritage Awards on Sept. 5 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. The Awards, which celebrate Hispanic cultural pride, contributions, and accomplishments, will be broadcast on MundoFox, Sunday, Sept. 15, at 6:00 p.m. EST/PST. Presenters and performers announcement is forthcoming.
The 2013 Hispanic Heritage Awards honorees and medallion-level sponsors include:
- Actress Eva Longoria, Community Service Award
- Musical Group Los Tigres Del Norte, Legend Award
- Chef Jose Andres, Design Award presented by Capital One
- Superintendant Alberto Carvalho, Education Award presented by Target
- Voto Latino President Maria Teresa Kumar, Leadership Award presented by Southwest Airlines
- Actress and Singer Lucero, Vision Award presented by Hershey’s
- Actor/Director/Producer Diego Luna, Inspira Award, presenting the Youth Segment
- Race Car Driver Juan Pablo Montoya, Sports Award presented by Bud Light
- Nonprofit National Math and Science Initiative, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Award presented by ExxonMobil
“The Hispanic Heritage Awards are proud to honor yet another inspiring group of Latino leaders,” said Jose Antonio Tijerino, president and CEO of HHF. “The Hispanic community has made significant contributions throughout history on America and the world and it’s an honor to be an organization established by the White House to recognize that impact. We are also thrilled to partner with Target and our other sponsors in carrying on the rich tradition of our Awards.”
Target was also announced as the presenting sponsor of the Hispanic Heritage Awards ceremony and television broadcast.
“Target is proud to sponsor the 26th Annual Hispanic Heritage Awards in support of Latino leaders who have made a positive impact on America, as well as globally. We are honored to join in the celebration of Hispanic culture and community and congratulate all the honorees on their achievements,” said Laysha Ward, president of Community Relations at Target.
About the Hispanic Heritage Awards
The Hispanic Heritage Awards were established in 1987 by President Ronald Reagan to commemorate the creation of Hispanic Heritage Month. Since that time, the Hispanic HeritageAwards have honored top Latino leaders in various categories for their impact on America and the world. (For a one-minute video visit www.TheHispanicHeritageAwards.
About the Hispanic Heritage Foundation
The Hispanic Heritage Awards is the signature event of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) and serves as the kick-off to their award-winning mission to inspire, identify, prepare and position Latino leaders in the classroom, community and workforce to meet America’s priorities. HHF is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization and all support is tax deductable. For more information on the programs and work of HHF visit www.hispanicheritage.org