Cinco de Mayo in H-Town: Let’s Taco ‘Bout the Best Events
Houston, are you ready to celebrate Cinco de Mayo? As a city with a rich Hispanic heritage, Houston has always celebrated this festive holiday in its own unique way. This year, there are plenty of exciting events happening around the city that you won’t want to miss. From parades to street fairs, here are some of the top events taking place in Houston this Cinco de Mayo. So mark your calendars and get ready to experience the best of what H-Town has to offer!
Cinco de Mayo at Miller on Friday, May 5, 2023
- WHAT: Wells Fargo Presents Cinco de Mayo At Miller: Pasatono Orquesta
- WHEN: Friday, May 5, 2023, at 8 PM
- WHERE: Miller Outdoor Theatre, 6000 Hermann Park Dr, Houston, TX 77030
Cinco de Mayo at Miller is the perfect way to kick off your holiday weekend. On Friday, May 5th, the Miller Outdoor Theatre will be hosting a free event featuring music, dancing, and delicious food. This year’s lineup includes some of Houston’s best mariachi bands, so be sure to bring your dancing shoes!
Cinco de Mayo Parade on Saturday, May 6, 2023
- WHAT: Cinco de Mayo Parade
- WHEN: Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 10:00 AM
- WHERE: Downtown Houston, starting at the intersection of Texas Ave and Hamilton St.
The Cinco de Mayo Parade is one of Houston’s most popular events, and for good reason. Taking place on Saturday, May 6th, the parade features colorful floats, marching bands, and traditional dancers. The parade starts at 10 am and winds its way through downtown Houston, so be sure to arrive early to snag a good spot.
East End Street Fest on Saturday, May 6, 2023
- WHAT: East End Street Fest
- WHEN: Saturday, May 6, 2023, from 12 PM to 6 PM
- WHERE: The Esplanade on Navigation, Houston, TX
If you’re looking for a more family-friendly event, check out the East End Street Fest. This free festival takes place on Navigation Boulevard and features live music, food vendors, and fun activities for kids. There will also be a car show and a mercado where you can pick up some unique gifts.
Mariachi Miches & Mudbugs on Saturday, May 6, 2023
- WHAT: Mariachi, Miches & Mudbugs 2023
- WHEN: Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 1:00 PM
- WHERE: MECA Houston, 1900 Kane St, Houston, TX 77007
For those who want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some delicious food and drinks, head to Mariachi Miches & Mudbugs. This event takes place at the Navigation Esplanade and features live music, crawfish, and, of course, plenty of margaritas. This is a ticketed event, so be sure to get your tickets early!
No matter which event you choose to attend, Houston has plenty of ways to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. So put on your sombrero and grab your maracas, it’s time to fiesta!
Sandra Fernandez is a professional communicator, tech enthusiast, book lover, and blogger. You can find her main blog at SandraSays.com and more of her writing at HispanicHouston.com.