Good morning! These are a few headlines we’re watching this week.
Chiquis Rivera is bringing her book to Houston
Janney Marin Rivera—better known as Chiquis, is coming to Houston as part of her book tour for her newest book, “Unstoppable.” Hosted by Brazos Bookstore, her book signing event will include a conversation with Houston Chronicle’s Joey Guerra. This promises to be a great event.
- When: Thursday, February 10, 2022, at 7:00 pm
- Where: Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Ave, Houston, TX 77002
- How much: English language option is $27; the Spanish language option is $16.99
- ALL BOOKS MUST BE PICKED UP BY MARCH 10, 2022.
Five Houston cities among top 10 in Texas to retire
Good news! If you’re living in the Houston area, there are five area cities that ranked among the top 10 in the state of Texas as great places to retire. These were (in order of ranking):
It’s no surprise that Houston itself didn’t crack the top ten (have you seen housing rates and the cost of things lately?). However, there are some good options to stay in the area.
- Booming Houston suburb named No. 1 retirement spot in Texas | Culturemap Houston
Latinos for Education receives $5 million donation
Latinos for Education has received a $5 million investment from MacKenzie Scott, representing the largest gift they have received since their founding five years ago. This amazing donation will help advance in “elevating the voice and influence of Latinos within the education sector; pushing bold policy at the local, state and national level in support of Latino students; and building a network of Latino educators and leaders nationwide,” shares Amanda Fernandez.
- Latinos for Education: https://www.latinosforeducation.org/2022/01/28/latinos-education-receives-5-million-investment-mackenzie-scott/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LatinosForEducation/posts/330446549091641
Have you seen a headline we should consider adding to our next update? Share it in the comments!