WHAT: 36th Annual Festival Chicano
- Thursday, October 1, 2015 at 7 pm — http://milleroutdoortheatre.com/events/715/
- Friday, October 2, 2015 at 7 pm — http://milleroutdoortheatre.com/events/716/
- Saturday, October 3, 2015 at 7 pm — http://milleroutdoortheatre.com/events/717/
WHERE: Miller Outdoor Theatre
6000 Hermann Park Drive
Houston, Texas 77030
The 36th Annual Festival Chicano celebrates Chicano culture and music at it finest. For three nights in October, Miller Outdoor Theatre becomes the center of Chicano music in the world.
The festival, in its thirty-sixth year, is a reflection of the artistic creativity that has developed in the Chicano cultural experience after centuries of influence from native peoples, Europeans, Mexico, and the U.S.A. Chicano music has been historically shaped by many diverse styles, such as Mexican rancheras, conjunto, mariachi, big band, rhythm and blues, country, rock, jazz, and many others. Because of its historical roots, Chicano music has vigorously survived industry neglect and economic limitations to become an original, authentic American cultural expression.
This is a ticketed event for the covered seating area. Free tickets are available (4 per person over age 16 while they last) at the Miller Outdoor Theatre box office the day of the performance between the hours of 10:30am-1pm. If tickets remain at 1pm, the box office will re-open one hour before show time to distribute the remaining tickets. As always, open seating on the hill.
Produced by Festival Chicano.
* * *
- We do our best to ensure all event information is accurate and up-to-date. However, it’s a good idea to visit the website listed or contact the organization or venue to verify event details.
- Image source: joakant / Pixabay