I came across the video below a little late, the video promotes the Latin Bites Cafe menu for Houston Restaurant Weeks (which has passed). But I’m sharing the video anyway, so you can see what kind of food is prepared and offered at Latin Bites Cafe. This Peruvian restaurant is on my list of places to try, so a review is forthcoming… sometime soon, I think.
The head chef at Latin Bites Cafe is Roberto Castre. Info about him, from their website:
Born and raised in Peru, Roberto Castre decided he wanted to be a chef since he was 13 years old. He attended Escuela de Alta Cocina from Los Andes culinary school in Peru, where he learned the basic skills that allowed him to begin his career as a chef. Later he moved to United States, and worked in restaurants in Miami, New York, and Texas, where he worked with renowned chefs such as Stephan Pyles, and Paul Prudhomme. Over the years, Chef Castre has been able to achieve remarkable tastes thanks to his creativity in the fusion of Latin flavors.
Latin Bites Cafe is located at 5709 Woodway Dr., Houston, TX 77057, 713-229-8369.
– Posted by Sandra Fernandez
* * *
Notes and recommended reading:
- The video is part of Culturemap Houston’s “Hidden Houston” series
- Brunch with Peruvian flair: Tasting Latin Bites’ Houston Restaurant Weeks menu || Houston’s Voice
- Houston Restaurant Weeks: Latin Bites || Houston Press
- This Week’s Cafe Review: History Class at Latin Bites || Houston Press
- Latin Bites Peruvian cafe is a backstreet gem || Houston Chronicle