It’s not a secret that I’m a fan of “Devious Maids“ and have been since the very first episode. The show has over-the-top characters, betrayals, murders, the mega-rich and the infamous maids. And the maids are in the middle of every plot, instigating or cleaning up (literally and figuratively), and often unaware until the last minute.
When the show began it made waves because of the all-Latina cast and the fact that they were all cast as maids. There was controversy and criticism and a lot of people watching and waiting to see whether the show would survive. It has survived and thrived, mostly because of the outlandish storylines and superb acting.
The show is produced by Eva Longoria (from “Desperate Housewives“). The cast includes Ana Ortiz (from “Ugly Betty“), Dania Ramirez (from “Entourage“), Roselyn Sanchez (from “Without a Trace“), and Judy Reyes (from “Scrubs“). In the supporting cast is Susan Lucci (from “All My Children“), doing her memorable best.
“Devious Maids” is on Lifetime. Season Three premieres Monday, June 1, 2015 at 9/8 CST.
* * *
- “Devious Maids” returns in June | Hispanic Houston
- “Devious Maids” Season 2 begins this week | Hispanic Houston
- “Devious Maids” Season 1 DVD to be released next week | Hispanic Houston
- “Devious Maids” is getting a second season | Hispanic Houston
- Watching “Devious Maids” and loving it | Hispanic Houston