Special thanks to UnitedHealthcare and Momma of Dos’ Connie Gomez for inviting me to this cooking demo — Chef Lydia Gonzalez did a demonstration on how making small changes to your recipes can make them much healthier.
UnitedHealthcare is hosting more events, open to the public (more info):
WHEN & WHERE:
- August 5, 2014 at Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star Dr., Houston, TX 77074, from 10 am to 11:30 am
- August 6, 2014 at Ring Neighborhood Library, 8835 Long Point Rd., Houston, TX 77055, from 11 am to 12:30 pm
- René Ibarra, UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement
- Chef Lydia Gonzalez
Photos from the cooking demonstration:
Here’s the recipe:
* * *
- Recipes courtesy of UnitedHealthcare.
- UnitedHealthcare Brings the Recipe for Good Health to Hispanic-American Medicare Beneficiaries in Houston || Hispanic Houston
- You’ll find the Momma of Dos post about there event here.