WHAT: The Battleship Texas Centennial Celebration
WHEN: March 15, 2014 from 12-10 PM
WHERE: Battleship Texas, 3523 Independence Parkway South, La Porte, TX 77571
From their event page:
The Battleship Texas Foundation in partnership with Texas Parks and Wildlife Department will host a public festival to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the commissioning of the Battleship Texas. The Texas served in both world wars and is the last remaining “dreadnought,” or big-gun battleship. The festival will feature Robert Earl Keen’s “A Texas Uprising” and will be held on the grounds of the San Jacinto Battleground Park adjacent to the ship.
Gates open at noon with the following live entertainment lineup:
- 12:30 – 2 p.m. Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison
- 3 – 4:30 p.m. Charlie Robison
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. Reckless Kelly
- 8 – 9:30 p.m. Robert Earl Keen
Public Info: The Battleship Texas will be open from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. for public tours. Festival patrons can also visit interactive exhibits, historical zones and children’s activity zones; enjoy headliner musical entertainment; local restaurants and gourmet food trucks; and a fireworks show to end the celebration.
Tickets are available in advance and at the gate. General admission tickets are $14 in advance and $20 on the day of the festival. A discounted price is available for veterans: $8 in advance and $15 at the gate. VIP tents and ship access are also available.
* * *
- We do our best to ensure all event information is accurate and up-to-date. However, it’s a good idea to visit the website listed or contact the organization or venue to verify event details.