The first event in this year’s Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is today, with the Rodeo Roundup happening in front of City Hall.
WHAT: Rodeo Roundup
WHEN: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
WHERE: City Hall, 900 Bagby, Houston, TX 77002
Located in front of Houston’s City Hall and around the reflecting pool at Hermann Square, Rodeo Roundup kicks off the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and celebrates Houston’s rich Western heritage.
- Learn about your Show’s contributions to the community.
- Hear City of Houston Mayor Annise Parker’s Go Texan Day proclamation.
- Meet Show volunteers representing more than 100 committees.
- Listen to Western songs performed by the Rodeo Choir.
- Take your photo atop a longhorn steer.
- Dance to music by Jason Cassidy.
- Grab a free lunch and a soft drink.
Admission is free and open to cowboys and cowgirls of all ages.
I’ve added some photos from last year’s event.
* * *
- We do our best to ensure all event information is accurate and up-to-date. However, it’s a good idea to visit the website listed or contact the organization or venue to verify event details.