Chef Hugo Ortega (Hugo’s Restaurant) garnered two of Houston’s five nominations for the prestigious James Beard Awards this year. Ortega’s two nominations were: one for Ortega himself for “Best Chef: Southwest” and one for the restaurant for “Outstanding Wine Program.” This is Ortega’s fourth year to be nominated.
The other Houstonians in the awards nominations are:
- Justin Yu of Oxheart, for “Best Chef: Southwest”
- Seth Siegel-Gardner and Terrence Gallivan of The Pass & Provision, for “Best Chef: Southwest”
- Anvil Bar & Refuge, for “Outstanding Bar Program”
Winners will be announced on Tuesday, March 24, 2015. More info at the James Beard Foundation site: http://www.jamesbeard.org/blog/2015-restaurant-and-chef-award-semifinalists.
* * *
- Houston Nabs 5 James Beard Award Semi-Final Nominations | Houston Press
- Related post: Chef Hugo Ortega nominated for James Beard Award || Hispanic Houston